Monday, June 2, 2008

Driving Me Crazy

Today I found that I have a fear that I had never previously considered. A fear that is plausible, but never considered feasible. While driving to my new flat on th gold coast, courtesy of one of the many lovely buses of HK, I became intent on the actions of the driver. The man could not go more than 10 seconds without rubbing his eyes are hitting himself on the back of the head. I found the bus drifting out of the lane on several occasions while this went on. I had never seen a man fight o hard to keep his focus and stay out of delirium, other than witnessing various students attempting the same feat in tedious poly sci classes at the Y. My curiousness into the matter elevated as my dear old friend led our entourage into a torrent of rain. The veerings into other lanes got worse, and as he endeavored to pass a truck I thought for sure that we were going to collide. To my astonishment we arrived unscathed at our destination and the driver embarked to his next destination with a prayer from me that he arrive safely there. Perhaps I underestimated the prowess of this man and his keen sense of the dimensions of his vehicle, however, when it comes to avoiding collisions with other vehicles, I prefer a sober, coherent driver.

3 comments:

year.of.the.dolphin said...

Brother, it's sister. This is terrifying. I have never been more sick than on a Hong Kong bus. Good luck with that. And I am returning the books as we speak. Thanks for the reminder :) Love ya!

brynne frei said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brynne frei said...

I wish when I tried typing that it would work. But I guess I'm just so freezing cold at work that my hands were shaking out of control and ruined my typing ability. Not rewriting my other comment.