Thursday, September 10, 2009

Soda Sales

I was not too excited for work this morning after getting five hours of sleep last night. I do not understand why, but sometimes I lie awake thinking late into the night and cannot fall asleep. Last night was one of those nights and it set the tone for work today. I arrived at work and I was noticeably chipper and feeling very happy. Every two weeks my work does employee soda sales where all the employees come to the back and get the products that they have ordered. I am usually put in charge of this adventure because no on else wants to do it and I enjoy it (this may be why I was so happy or maybe because I'd talked to an old friend the night before, I'm not sure). Anyway, one of the first things that happened was Lupe's arrival. He was picking up product for his son and his friend and ended up with 18 cases of soda. There was no way to accommodate all of that soda in his little car, so he brought a huge truck to work and directed me and another co-worker to dump it all in back of his truck. We did so and I could not stop laughing. Below is a picture of Lupe sleeping in a chair. Lupe then had me check to make sure he had all the right product and I gave him a hard time because it was all mixed up. I was about to take the papers, but he indicated he wanted them so that if the f------ cops found him he could prove that it was his soda. I really could not stop laughing and allowed him to take the papers in case the law came after him for soda stealing. So Lupe left and it was on to a certain employee who does the exact same thing every fortnight (two weeks, the period of time in between soda sales). She can never seem to find a certain product that is usually right in plain site and always beckons me to help her. Then she plays the long face card and asks me to help her take the stuff out to her vehicle. I wonder if this is her idea of flirting or just to be annoying, but it has the same effect on me. We are not usually supposed to help people take product to their cars, but I usually cave and do it anyway. Later today I was given a young Polynesian apprentice named Emmett. He is a way nice guy and quite large, he could smash me into pieces but he is nice so he doesn't. Anyway, I was showing him the ropes of employee soda sales and began to introduce Emmett to all of the females who came to pick up product. I would say, "this is my friend Emmett, he is more than willing to pick your order and help you out to your car with it" The strange thing is that no one took me up on my offer of offering Emmett. I think it was fear because of his stature. One lady looked at him and shook her head, it was hilarious. Emmett would later say, "man, I don't think that any of these people like me." It did appear that way. That was mostly everything that happened. It was a really fun day and I enjoyed doing soda sales and talking to everyone at the office. Here is a picture to show how happy I was.

No comments: