Monday, December 19, 2011

A Picture Diary of a Christmas Birthday

Aaron Lewis, my sister Rachel's wonderful fiancee had a birthday last weekend and we celebrated Sunday night. I like Aaron for a lot of reasons. 1) He'll be way more successful than me 2) He and I studied similar scholastic subjects and had many of the same professors 3) He makes my sister happy 4) He'll be way more successful than me and 5) He's a pretty good guy. For all of these reasons and more (like that he'll be way more successful than me) I decided to honor him with a caption picture diary of last night's celebration.

I know people have many different preferences, but all Aaron wanted was a small piece of meat for his birthday. I won't tell you how I felt about it (extremely unsettled), but to each their ownHere's Laura (Aaron's sister and my future cousin) sitting in her car while we went to town on all the food Aaron didn't eat (who just eats a single piece of meat on their birthday anyway?) Laura was in this car for 4 hours and 26 minutes (all times approximate)
Ok, here's what Aaron's plate really looked like (kind of). This is actually my sister's plate, but since they are getting married, all things in common right?
After dinner Aaron read us his mission call. This was a little strange because he's already been home for about three years and we all knew that he served in Colorado, but he really wanted to read it to us. Anything for the birthday guy.
4 hours 27 minutes and counting ........

After Aaron read his call, Kris read us a story that he had written about a young boy who met a young girl with beautiful long hair. Everyone thought (incorrectly) that the story was about Aaron and Rachel, but those of us who had eyes to see knew that he had just blatantly stolen the basic premise of Tangled.

Katie was absolutely captivated

Laura finally decided to join us. She had some obvious signs of hypothermia, but quickly regained full mobility. We were all grateful she decided to face the music and begrudgingly wish her brother a happy birthday.
Aaron didn't have a chance of blowing out all the candles, we stacked the deck (and the cupcakes) against him. It was a noble effort and by noble I mean failed. After the candles, Laura put her arm around Aaron. This was a nice sisterly gesture, but we were sure that Rachel did not like it one bit. Laura, Aaron is Rachel's now
Kris was really tired from everything that was going on . I don't blame him. Everyone was really tired of pictures and videos being taken all night (sorry guys), but those scowls all turned into smiles once they heard I was making a picture diary of the night.and here's one of those smiles right now. You're very welcome Rachel for documenting this great night. I hope you enjoyed Aaron's birthday.
.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Laura Lewis??? Love her.