Sunday, September 14, 2008

Putnam

Can I just say that Matt Berrett Putnam is a bad a-- and the coolest person that I know right now? Number 57 had a coming out party yesterday and it was the best moment of my life. First, early in the game Bronco Mendenhall is on camera and behind him my two old live ins are playing around behind him. Mark Freeman is grabbing Putnam's armband and snapping it back and they are laughing. Then Putnam gets in the game in the third quarter and starts blowing my mind. He is a part of every play and running around everywhere, not to mention that at 6'7 he looks huge out on the field. This is when the best thing ever happened, Putnam spins off the offensive lineman and winds up in the backfield with the quarterback who looks to throw it, Putnam times the pass perfectly and jumps high up into the air and knocks the ball down to himself. One of the most athletic plays I have ever seen!!! All between him and a touchdown is the QB, who spears Putnam and flips him over. The Quarterback of all people!! I laughed harder than I have in a long time. The announcer's then quote Bronco Mendenhall talking about Putnam saying, "He will be great!" Indeed he will. He went on to have a sweet sack on the scrambling quarterback. Freeman also got some good minutes and played well on the Offensive line. I love those two guys and they made my day, especially when the announcer's kept talking about Putnam being an athletic giant out on the field. It was all topped off when the camera showed Putters after the catch and he had an ear to ear grin on the sideline and the words on the bottom of the screen read "First interception of the year for BYU." Way to go Putters!! There is a pic of Putnam with Mike on the reservoir on the right hand side as well, so you get the true feel of his magnitude.

1 comment:

Rachel Sharp said...

Can I just say how happy I am to have you back on the blog train and back in the U.S. of A.? You are so great and I love your face!