Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wedding formalities

So I just got back from my best friend's wedding and there were some great times to accompany the events that took place. I thoroughly enjoy the Josie extended family and took more time taking pics of them than the actual bride and groom during the day. Anyway, the day started with the ceremony in the morning and as I passed Jesse upon the conclusion of the sealing I kissed him on the cheek much to the chagrin of many present including the sealer. As far as I am concerned it was appropriate for the time and setting. Kelly Josie presided at the ring ceremony and offered one of the best wedding speeches that I have ever beheld. I could not contain my laughter because it was actually so good. He started talking about when rings were introduced in ancient roman times and how the bride and groom would be chained together for a number of days before the wedding to make sure that they could stand each other and how rings symbolized a bill of sale in some cultures. He then moved on to the traditional exchanging of rings, which wasn't popularized until the 13th century. Kelly was at his finest and I really enjoyed his words. We had to leave a little bit early to get back for school and social events, but it was good to see Jesse and Darcy and how happy they were.

Fred taking some pics and creeping a bit.

Riley being the funny kid that he is and doing impressions of some of our old acquaintances.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

i still feel bad when i see this kid...