Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Break

Due to BYU's non-compliance with spring break, Kris and I decided to take a day-cation up the canyon to Park City for a day of shopping, sweets, sun, and swearing. First of all, I don't understand why spring break exists in the first place. For me, the thought of going without school for a week is nice, but 1) I would not do any homework 2) i would get out of my groove and have a hard time getting back into the groove 3) I would probably spend a lot of money on a quick vacation 4) anywhere I went on vacation would be crowded because everyone has the same idea. I feel that spring break is a little overblown and although offers a nice furlough from studies, is not indicative of the real world. I prefer getting out of school two weeks earlier than any other school and being done anyway. So aside from that harangue, Kris and I had our spring break and I broke most of the rules I just talked about. We went up to Park City and I spend $100 on some new kicks, LeBron James shorts, three shirts, and a hoodie. It was one of those days where the stores had everything that I wanted and I could not pass up purchasing, that coupled with the fact that literally two minutes from entering the first store I received a call from my landlady informing me that I did not have to pay rent next month. CHEAAA! I was thus in a more prodigious situation financially and more inclined to spend. After hitting up all the stores, we stopped in Heber at McDonald's. Now, usually I wouldn't write about a fast food eatery in a blog post, but this McDonald's was "the shit." (it's funny how people use that phrase to mean something awesome) It had flat panel tv's all over and even one above the urinal in the bathroom. It was the longest I have ever stood in front of a urinal in my many years of urinal standing, but when you have a tv right in front of you, what is the rush? There was also a McCafe with stools and a bar, an air hockey table, a play station 3, and a basketball hoop. I'm convinced this was the nicest fast food place I have ever been, there was even Internet stations. I was blown away. So, that was basically my spring break with my brother. Not too much to gloat about, but good to forget about school for a day.

4 comments:

Trent said...

If the activities you did on spring break would be "breaking" the rules at BYU, then my little trip to Vegas on mine would surely get me kicked out of the whole city of Provo for sure!

Britt said...

I have totally been in one of those McDonalds. The televisions in the bathrooms were disturbing yet comforting at the same time. ;)

Kellee Marie Cook said...

you and your swears.

Pat R said...

i love everything the the McDonald's McCafe coffees, everything except the silly name