Saturday, November 29, 2008

Skinny Jay-(n)z

The rapper Jay Z so eloquently coined " Can't wear skinny jeans cause my knots don't fit No one on the corner gotta pocket like this, So I rock Roc jeans cause my knots so thick" in a recent song called "Swagga like Us". It's a sweet song with T.I., Kanye, and Lil Wayne. But anyway, he refers to skinny jeans, which is interesting because you don't picture most rappers wearing skinny jeans, but the lyric worked for his rhyme so I see no problem in the reference. I recently purchased a pair of skinny jeans and according to the obvious innuendos in this song I should be able to purchase them for a specific reason (because my knots do fit), but this is also just a nonsense lyric and skinny jeans are actually very accommodating to knots, maybe just not his. I'll move on. I was at Sears (of all places to shop for clothing) and found a pair of dashing 511s. They had my size (well my actual size does not exist, but this is the closest thing) and so I tried them on and they were tight of course, because that is what skinny jeans do, they tight you. I decided to get them because the price tag said they were 27 dollars. Not a bad price and it is hard to find jeans that are close to fitting me. So I swaggered up to the counter and the baby girl rang those pants up and they came to 10 dollars. I don't know why they came up so cheap, but I was glad and considered it as a Thanksbirthday miracle. I bought them and got up on out of there. Just another way that Jay-Z is such a blessing in my life.

1 comment:

brooke said...

that beat my skinny jean miracle (not really a miracle since it was black friday) of 2 perfectly-fitting pairs for $12.50 each at forever 21