Sunday, November 2, 2008

Stang-a-rang

My best friend Jesse recently got engaged and I am so excited for him. He is marrying a fine young woman who is absolutely perfect for him and will be a joy in his life. Her name is Darcy and she is from St. George. They actually used to work together at the Pizza factory and fell in love over a calzone earlier this year. They are getting married in the St. George temple December 12. Jesse and I have been friends for the last 14 years and worked, schooled, and played basketball together for most of that time. Just like the Killers are known as the best British band to come from America, I like to think of Jesse as the best British man who has come from America. His style and humor far exceeds that of many of my close kin. I'm extremely excited for him and the events at his wedding. I have never been able to relate with a man on so many things and always be on the same page with him. Even after years apart and attending different schools, we maintain the same ambitions and humor.

No comments: